I finally finished Pride and Prejudice this weekend. Here is what I gleaned from all of its wonderfulness. Your choice of close friends (including your ultimate close friend=husband) influences who and what you become. Elizabeth and Darcy made each other better, helped each overcome character flaws. Contrasted with Wickham who dragged Lydia down (though she was oblivious) by taking advantage of her character flaws. This was mirrored even in the female relationships, Jane and Elizabeth built and strengthened each other while Lydia led Kitty to follow in her flirtatiousness and silliness. Luckily in the end, Kitty starts spending more time with Elizabeth and Jane and is better off for it.
I vastly enjoyed the book and am no longer an Austen Fan Imposter. WHOOHOOO!!! I am now about 6 chapters into To Kill a Mockingbird. Very good so far--Thanks for the tip Linda!
2018
2 days ago
1 comment:
I still can't believe I never read To Kill a Mockingbird before, especially growing up in Alabama. I love that book. Hope you'll enjoy it too.
Post a Comment