Sunday, July 12, 2009

Summer Culinary Institute

In an effort to spend at least part of the girls' summer vacation in a constructive manner, we have been doing a cooking project every Monday. This past Monday was their favorite by far. We made white cake and frosting and practiced using pastry bags and tips to decorate cakes. The girls had a lot of fun. They probably ate more frosting than they put on their cakes but that was part of the fun.

These pictures were taken later in the evening when we were having the cakes for Family Home Evening. That is why the table is actually clean. As you can imagine we made quite a mess.

7 comments:

Lesley said...

I love the idea of a cooking class, I will have to wait to show the kids this post or they will want to do it immediately.

IandS said...

That's so fun and the girls did such a great job! Did Dan help:) ?

Linda said...

I believe Kate "may" have put enough frosting on there to make me happy. I hope you got the Lofthouse cookies I sent down with the kids yesterday!

Livin La Vida Keto said...

What a great activity! It looks like great fun!

Unknown said...

Mel, what a great idea! I just can't believe how big your kids are getting. Time goes by so fast, hopefully we can see eachother sometime in the near future.

Kimberly said...

yum... cake sounds good right now!

Grandpa Howe said...

Let them eat cake!