Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ten Years Down... and what kidnappers look like!

Well this past week was a good one. Melissa's mom was here for the week. My sister Jolene, and Melissa's sister Amy were here visiting last weekend as well. Then, on Friday, Melissa and I took off for two days. We left the kids and just drove away... we really did! Granted, Melissa's mom was staying over and watched the kids. So Melissa and I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary on Friday and Saturday. We traveled to Atlanta, Georgia and went to the Temple there. It was great. We got to perform some sealings via proxy for a bunch of people. It was nice to get to "renew our vows" so to speak by doing sealings in the Temple. You know, if I could do it over, I'd still marry Melissa and I think she'd still have me. She's a great gal and a wonderful mother. I'd make a lousy mother.

Well, we also went to Six Flags over Georgia. We'd talked about going to Magic Mountain soo many times when we were back in AZ, but never did, so we had to do something cool this time. The coasters were cool. Some of them (e.g. the Goliath) were a little much. The Goliath was psychotic. It involves two drops of over 17 stories at an angle that resembles staight down! I almost lost my lunch twice due to the weightlessness at the top of the peaks on the coater course. The Goliath was nuts. I liked the Batman one and the "Georgia Scorcher", both were a bit more tame than Goliath. So the coasters were cool, but Melissa and I both hate getting gouged by "in-park" food prices. I should say "in-park" 'garbage' prices, because the food there tasted like garbage. Plus several of the coasters were closed, so that was a drag, but in all, it was a fun trip.

Okay so the part in the title about kidnappers...

Earlier in the week, I saw this little kid riding a bike and decided to kidnap him and steal his bike too. I tried to figure out how to do the job discretely, but here was my best effort:













Actually, we went on a bike ride/walk in the neighborhood with Melissa's mom, and while on the walk, Kate decided she was done riding her bike and wanted to ride in the stroller. So to be a peace-maker (My first inclination was to make her finish the ride she started), I decided to make the best of it... I'd give Dan a ride on Kate's bike. It wasn't the first time I'd ridden her bike, and probably won't be the last time either... but I thought I'd give it a try with Dan; after all, he loves it when I give him rides on the skateboard... why not Kate's bike. As you can see from the pictures, he had a blast! Hell's Angels, here we come!

7 comments:

Livin La Vida Keto said...

Happy Anniversary!! Just remember that moment when he refuses to learn to ride a bike. Those pictures are awesome!

Kimberly said...

Sounds like lots of fun. I hope we have as good of an anniversary this weekend. Hopefully Ryan will get the hints. I love the bike pictures, they are pricelss!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you had a lot of fun!

IandS said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
Please tell me that's not the hill of broken arms you are riding on:)

Joshua said...

Isaac & Stacey,
Obviously guys who are kidnappers don't learn well... sadly yes, it is the same hill where Morgan's arm was pulverized.

natalieandderyk said...

Goliath is the best!!

Grandpa Howe said...

I vomited after Goliath. Happy Anniversary you guys! You were made for each other.