Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Visit to the Space & Rocket Center!

Well, it's official. We're now fully qualified residents of Huntsville, AL. We've been to the US Space and Rocket Center. It was way cool. To be honest, we've been twice, but the photos attached are from our first landing there. In the photo above, the girls are standing under one of the engines of the famous Saturn V rocket... you know, the kind that took the Apollo crews to the moon! Mondo Hugoso!


Here's Lilly in front of an astronaut that has a bad case of social anxiety... I feel bad for him. His mother pinning a sign to him and all. He probably got beat up a lot as a kid... nerds usually do... and those are just the type that turn into astronauts.


Here's Kate giving Neil Armstrong a run for his money... she's trying to make it back to Earth safely in the Apollo command module... no don't puch that button Kate!!!! Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!


And finally, here's the girls taking a stab at scaling a wall on Mars! I was going to make some comment about one of the climbers not being able to get back down, but to protect the innocent, I'll refrain.

1 comment:

Grandpa Howe said...

What a cool place! I'll have to visit there the next time I come.