We decided as a family to trade in the standard Christmas for a trip back to Tucson to visit family. We'd all been so looking forward to it. So on Friday morrning (you can hardly call 0300 "morning") we left home to travel "home" for the holiday. We made it to Jackson, Mississippi, and then all of a sudden, "Screeeech", "Bam", "BANG!" We were involved in a six-car pile-up on I-20. Some junk blew out of a truck several vehicles ahead and everything came to a screeching halt, but not fast enough, because we got slammed from behind by a big F-350 diesel and pushed into the truck in front of us. We are all okay... Melissa, and Kate got banged up, and Lillian was pretty shaken up, but we are all okay. After the ambulance ride, several hours in the hospital, and a trip to the rental car co., we were back enroute to Tucson... arriving late Saturday night.

Here's a couple pictures of what's left of our Suburban:

We are thankful for little Kate's prayer as we left the house in Huntsville... we all made it safely to Arizona. We are blessed that no one was serously injured. As we continued along our journey, we saw evidences of others whom Providence hadn't shined so brightly upon.
4 comments:
Blessed be the Suburban! Wow--we are SO, SO, a million times SO glad you guys are all ok!
Angels will bear you up and protect you.
WOW, is all I can say! I'm glad you are all okay. Hope the rest of your Christmas vacation was much better.
Love you guys!
Crystal
Hello Clarks! I stumbled upon your blog. Sorry we didn't get to see you guys over Christmas. Too bad about the accident, glad everybody is okay. I can't believe how old your kids are!
Post a Comment