For those of you who haven't heard, Morgan had her appendix out on Thursday evening. It had already ruptured so they had to do quite a bit of clean up work but she is doing very well now. Right before they took her into surgery her temperature was107.7! That freaked me out a little. They put ice packs all around her body to try to cool her down but nothing really worked until they cleaned out the infection. I just got home from the hospital a little while ago--Josh is taking his turn by the sick bed for a little while. Morgan is doing well now--the doctor said she may be able to come home tomorrow, but we will have to wait and see. She probably miss the next week or two of school comtinuing to recover at home. This whole ordeal really makes me miss my family (as if I wasn't already missing everyone enough). Josh still had some time off so that has been helpful and luckily Daniel weened himself a few weeks ago, so I've been able to stay with Morgan at the hospital. I will keep everyone updated.
4 comments:
So glad you got there ok but so sad about poor Morgan:(
I hope she recovers quickly.
I'm so glad to hear she is doing better now that her appendix is out. You have all been in our thoughts and prayers, even more so with Morgan being sick. Though we are far away, let us know if there is anything we can do for you or send to you. Give her our love, as well as Lilly, Kate, and Dan.
I really need to be independently wealthy so I can just fly us wherever I want. That way your mom would have been there by Friday. We are sooo glad to hear that she's feeling better. 107.7 scares the bejabbers out of me and I didn't hear about it until Saturday! We'll continue to keep you all in our thoughts and prayers (as if we wouldn't).
She has now joined the cool club. Cool people have their appenix removed.
So have yoou scheduled Kate's and Dan's appendectomies so you won't have to do that for the third and fourth time?
Post a Comment