Here is evidence the Lord is at work here on earth:
When I was first called as the YM President in the Kenyon Ward, I wanted to meet all the young men and make an assessment on how each was doing and what could be done to help them. One young man, Dominic Reaser, was one of the young men who wasn't attending the ward. I recall knowing that Dominic had a very characteristic look; light-skinned with a white/platimum blond afro. I'd seen him maybe two or three times in my life, the last time I recall seeing him was several years ago when he was much younger. I can't recall meeting his mother, Aliesha, however.
My attempts to contact them were as follows: I tried calling their phone number, but it was disconnected. I visited their home, but they had moved. I tried to get their forwarding address, but none was provided to the postal service. I tried to find them on Facebook, but couldn't locate them. I solicited the help of a member that used to be an investigator to see what his resources could offer, but to no avail. I had almost given up hope.
Then, on October 4th, 2012, I was driving north on Alvernon Rd. in Tucson with my daughter, Morgan, to her bicycling team practice when I noticed two individuals walking southward. I got a strong impression that the two individuals were Dominic and Aliesha Reaser, though I had not recognized them as such. I thought about the impression for a few seconds, then I whipped the car around in the middile of the street. Morgan looked at me with a very puzzling look, and I told her, "Trust me Morgan, just trust me on this." I drove about one block south on Alvernon, then turned into a parking lot ahead of where they were walking. I parked the car and got out. I walked toward them as they continued to walk southward. I asked the woman, "Do you happen to know Aliesha Reaser?" She responded, "I am Aliesha Reaser." I responded, "I thought so."
We talked for a little while, and I asked for their new contact information, which they whole heartedly provided. I advised them to attend their new ward, the Binghampton Ward, and they indicated they would. I provided their information to our ward clerk, who promptly forwarded their information on to their new ward and bishop, who can help shepherd the Reasers.
God showed me He is in charge and will grant our righteous desires when I saw Dominic and Aliesha Reaser walking down Alvernon. I didn't hesitate to turn the car around to go talk to them... I knew it was Providence that caused our paths to cross. This is His work. This is His Church and Kingdom on earth. I am thankful to be a part of it.
2 comments:
I love that story. When I was in young womens we had a young women who entered foster care, it was horrible as she bounced from home to home. Trying to keep in touch became near impossible. I had been praying about her welfare wishing i could some how reconnect with her. A couple of days later I just "happened" to be driving on a street where she was sitting at a bus stop. Even though I had no idea where she was the Lord always new. I told her about my prayers and how Heavenly Father was always mindful of her. It is His work.
He knows His sheep.
Post a Comment