Monday, April 6, 2009

Catching Flies


I had a discussion today with Kate in which I tried to explain the concept behind the axiom, "you catch more flies with honey, than with vinegar." She seemed to really catch on because throughout the day, when small tiffs with her brother or sisters arose, I would remind her to "be honey" and she would do just that. In the afternoon, Morgan was being unreasonable about some inconsequential thing and Kate came to me and said, in a very exasperated tone, "Morgan is being peppermint!" "What? I don't understand what you mean?" "You know, the sour stuff." "Oh, you mean vinegar. Morgan is being vinegar." I love four year olds--honey and peppermint versions.

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Oh we miss our Katie lady!

Kimberly said...

Don't you love how their minds work. Out of the mouth of babes...

Sarah said...

lol! Love it! Personally I love peppermint, but apparently Kate associates it with vinegar and a sour Morgan. Big concept for a four year old. I definitely haven't mastered "being honey".

treefrogsplace said...

As I sit and read this tonight...tears began to stream from my eyes as I realized how terribly I miss the Clarks...

Grandpa Howe said...

I miss you all so much it hurts! I can hardly wait until July when we get to see you again. Babs has decided to fly now. YIPPY!