Last Saturday was was one of those fabulous days... the high was almost 70, with a low in the 40s. Though it got a bit cold yesterday, and the outlook for this week looks more like winter, it was lovely. The kids played outside all day long; climbing trees, running around, playing baseball with the boys next door and from in the neighborhood. Melissa and I played in the garden.
Oh, playing in the garden is nice. But, to paraphrase the author of one of the Alabama gardening books we've been using (thanks Mom & Dad!), you gotta protect your turf! You see, plant diseases can creep up upon you and slowly destroy your crop, but you can usually see it coming. On the other hand, Peter Rabbit's family can wipe you out over night! So your best defense is to be proactive. (I'm not going to comment on National Defense policy nor how that may change over the next several years...) So like Captain Moroni, we built up a defense againt the marauders. Don't be fooled by the cuteness of these bunnies... they're only here to rob you of your hard work and leave you with nothing. So we built a rabbit proof fence. See below:
So the bottom 6 inches (inlcuding the outward turning portion) are buried about 6 inches deep to prevent the bunnies from digging under the fence.
So that was last weekend. Then, this past weekend was much the same, except on Saturday, Melissa got to do some family history research. Thankfully, she still has her Tucson library card as the Tucson-Pima library has an account on Heritage Quest or Ancestry.com that library patrons have free access to. So she worked all Saturday morning and found a couple more families on the Howe-Parkin side. She was totally stoked. So she uploaded everything to New Family Search (the new online, shareable family history tool) and now there are a couple more families that we can help do the temple work for. She talked to her mom about what she was able to find. Go Melissa!
This past weekend was nice. We played outside a bunch and are noticing the blossoms starting to pop out of all the trees and the bulbs are starting to bloom. Many people have daffodils blooming! I can't wait for the bulbs in our front little flower garden to bloom. Whe should have a hundred or so.
Sunday morning, Dan was up early so he and I took a walk, but because it had gotten cold again, I had to bundle him up. I took a couple photos, and had to share a few. Here's Dan ready for the walk:
Here's the sun rising over the neighborhood:
When we got back from the walk, the girls were awake and doing some art project...
Later as we all got ready for Church, Dan looked so handsome, I had to snap a shot:


3 comments:
Great pictures! I don't think we'll have a garden unless Babs gets some time to work on it. I did some clean up this weekend and Monday. I too love that 70 degree weather!
Dan's picture is my new wallpaper on my phone! Dang he is cute!
That really is some great photography! I wish we lived closer so we could learn more of your awesome ways.
Post a Comment