Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Walk in the Rain


After church today, Lillian, Morgan, Kate, and I put on out rain gear and went for a walk. A walk in rain gear? It was pretty much a downpour, but being that we’re from the desert and can't get enough of rain, we figured we’d go for a stroll. We walked around our little loop (the one mile enclosed cul-de-sac we live off), which is about a mile and then Morgan attempting to convince me to allow a detour to one of her friend’s houses.

(That's Kate in the red raingear)






After some pleading and several "No" answers, she finally got a, "Fine, but we're not going inside and we'll just say hello." One of the girls pulled the "I have to use the bathroom" card while on their front porch, and that pretty much worked, so we barged in uninvited, unannounced, and dripping wet. I guess that’s the neighborly thing to do. Score one for Morgan. You can’t win ‘em all.

2 comments:

Grandpa Howe said...

Going out in the rain on PURPOSE? They should read my blog about getting soaked at the football game.

Linda said...

Hey, we didn't get any rain! Just a bunch of wind but that was kind of fun. I've still got to get the kids raincoats!