I am going to make a serious confession here. As much as I love Jane Austen I have never read a single one of her books in its entirety. Is that lame or what? The movies are just so much easier to fit into my current life--I can get all the best parts in 2-6 hours. Don't get me wrong--I love the way she writes, I just have never been able to finish one before I get busy or distracted. So I am reading
Pride and Prejudice and am determined to complete the whole thing this time. I am really enjoying it but am all 20 pgs in. Wish me luck!
4 comments:
How dare you! I am stunned. That reminded me our bookclub is doing P&P for next week and I haven't read it for years. They shouldn't have made such good movies!
I feel the same way! I went to the library about a year ago twice actually to check out Pride and Prejudice but it was unavailable. I found out my mom had a copy and have borrowed it for about six months and haven't opened it yet....I will.
I felt the same way about Harry Potter the movies were good, but man after reading the series it was way better. Could Jane Austen's books be as good as the movies... that would be a tough one to top!
I am also a fraud, and I have no excuse. I'm not exactly a busy woman. The movies are so good and I love them!
Imagine MY shame - I'm British and had never read P&P until after I saw the movie last year. BTW, I LOVED it!
Post a Comment